PTFE Tubing has many applications throughout industry due to its excellent properties.
The unique properties allow PTFE tubing to solve problems possible with no other material. Compared with similar fluoropolymers, it normally has the best price:performance ratio.
PTFE tubing provides:
- Very high working temperatures. Maximum 260 °C
- Non-stick characteristics
- Low friction surface
- Very high resistance to chemicals and solvents
- Very high electrical resistance
Adtech PTFE tube is available from stock in hundreds of standard metric and imperial sizes from 0.2mm up to 25mm ID, with a variety of wall thickness.
As each customer has different demands and applications, we are always pleased to produce a special PTFE tubing to order. Small volume production runs are normal to us, and therefore, the very large minimum order requirements of the mainstream plastics industry are not required.
Complimentary samples are available should you wish to test the suitability of our PTFE tubing and sleeving for your particular applications. Please contact our customer service team on +44 (0) 1285 762000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request these.
We specialise in making our PTFE tubing to very tight tolerances for medical, electronic, and instrumentation applications.
PTFE tube can be supplied cut to any length and in any quantity. In particular, we can supply straight cut lengths (i.e. no curvature).
Special PTFE Tubing:
- Coloured PTFE tube: All tubing can be produced in fourteen different colours and also with a coloured stripe. The pigmentation has a very insignificant impact on the technical properties of the PTFE tubing.
- Filled PTFE tube: Additional fillers can be added to the tubing to change its characteristics, for example, anti-static, ceramic, and carbon filled for more wear resistance.
- Microbore PTFE tube: Our UT range has inside diameters from 0.2mm to 1.0mm, with a very thin wall of .1mm and is available from stock.
- Special sizes: Virtually any size of tubing can be extruded from 0.2mm up to 150mm inside diameter.
- Profiles: We welcome enquiries for extruded PTFE tube profiles no matter how complex, however, tooling costs are normally charged to the customer.
If you can't see a suitable size or are unsure of which fluoroplastic material will best suit the demands of your application, please contact our knowledgeable customer service team on +44 (0) 1285 762000 or email email@example.com.
Fluoroplastics is a clumsy word given to a group of plastics where the molecules contain carbon and fluorine. The plastic polythene is a molecule consisting of a carbon chain with hydrogen atoms attached. PTFE is much the same but with the hydrogen atoms replaced with fluorine atoms. The replacement of the hydrogen atoms with fluorine atoms dramatically changes the properties of the material, and fluoroplastics therefore tend to have special properties.
Click on the following to get more information: