FEP tubing has many applications throughout industry. The unique properties allow the tubing to solve problems possible with no other material.
Adtech FEP tube is available in many standard sizes. However, each customer has different demands, and we are always pleased to produce a special sized tube to order. Small volume production runs are normal to us, therefore, the very large minimum order requirements of the mainstream plastics industry are not required. Stock and custom manufactured sizes of FEP tube are available from 0.2mm to 150mm internal diameter.
FEP Tubing provides:
- Long continuous lengths
- Welding and re-moulding potential
- High working temperature of +200 °C
- Low working temperature of -200 °C
- Non-stick characteristics
- Low friction surface
- Very high resistance to chemicals and solvents
- Very high electrical resistance
Complimentary samples are available should you wish to test the suitability of our FEP tubing for your particular applications. Please contact our customer service team on +44 (0) 1285 762000 or email email@example.com to request these.
We specialise in making FEP tubing to very close tolerances for medical, electronic, and instrument applications.
FEP tubing can be supplied cut to any length in any quantity, and in particular we can supply straight lengths (i.e. no curvature).
- All of our FEP tubing can be made in fourteen different colours. The pigmentation has a very insignificant impact on the technical properties of the FEP tubing.
- Special sizes. Virtually any size of FEP tube can be extruded from 0.2mm diameter to 150 mm diameter. It is also possible for us to produce sizes up to 1000mm in diameter.
- Profiles. We can offer extruded profiles in FEP no matter how complex.
- Filled FEP. Standard fillers can be added to the FEP polymer during the extrusion process to aid with thermal conductivity, wear resistance and anti-static properties.
- Tube fabrication and manipulation. Adtech have facilities for manipulation of FEP tube - flanging, coiling, pre-form bending, swaging, closing, etc.
Examples of the custom fabrications we have made over the years can be seen on our gallery page.
We welcome enquiries for extruded profiles and bespoke components no matter how complex. Please contact our technical customer service team on +44 (0) 1285 762000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, as we'd be delighted to discuss your projects requirements and provide samples for evaluation.
Fluoroplastics is a clumsy word given to a group of plastics where the molecules contain carbon and fluorine. The plastic polythene is a molecule consisting of a carbon chain with hydrogen atoms attached. PTFE is much the same but with the hydrogen atoms replaced with fluorine atoms. The replacement of the hydrogen atoms with fluorine atoms dramatically changes the properties of the material, and fluoroplastics therefore tend to have special properties.
Click on the following to get more information: