Fluoroplastic Tubing & Rod
Fluoroplastic tubing has many applications. The unique properties allow the tubing to solve problems possible with no other material.
Virtually total chemical resistance at temperatures up to 260°C means our PTFE, FEP and PFA tubing can handle the transport of all fluid chemicals and solvents. Available from stock in small sizes, as used in automatic laboratory analysis equipment up to 1000mm diameter linings in process plants. Fluoropolymer tubing can also be used to protect less resistant materials such as glass or stainless steel on stirrers, thermometer probes, and vat heaters.
The combination of low friction and temperature resistance allows fluoroplastic tubing to be used in applications such as sleeve bearings, push-pull cables, non-stick roller covers, etc.
Due to the excellent dielectric and other properties combined, thin wall PTFE and FEP tubing finds many unique applications in electric and electronic engineering. Insulation of connections in hot environments such as toasters, soldering irons, etc. is a primary usage of PTFE sleeving. Very high voltage and fine bore sleeving is used in miniature components, which is unaffected by the soldering temperature.
Inert, non-toxic, and bio-compatible are properties sought after by medical device manufacturers. Our fluoroplastic tubing finds applications as intravenous catheters, catheter introducers, angiographic catheters, etc. Medical tubing can be made under GMP conditions and packed and sealed in clean-rooms, however, this will be subject to a minimum extrusion quantity.
Our fluoropolymer tubing is available with a thin wall in hundreds of standard sizes. However, each customer has different demands, and we are always pleased to produce a special custom fluoroplastic tube to order. Small volume production runs are normal to us, and therefore the very large minimum order requirements of the mainstream plastics industry are not required.
- Close tolerances for medical, electronic, and instrument applications.
- Ready cut. Fluoroplastic tubing can be supplied cut to any length.
- Coloured tubing. All tubing can be made in fourteen different colours, and also with coloured stripe.
- Special sizes. Virtually any size of tubing can be extruded from 0.1 mm diameter to 150 mm diameter.
- Filled tubing. By adding a filler you can change the wear resistance, thermal conductivity and add anti-static properties to the tube
- Very large sizes available - up to 1000mm diameter.
- Microbore tubing. Our UT range has inside diameters from 0.2 to 1.0 mm with a very thin wall of 0.1mm (from stock).
- Profiles. We welcome enquires for extruded profiles, no matter how complex.
If you can't see a suitable size or are unsure of which fluoroplastic will best suit the demands of your application, please contact our knowledgeable customer service team on +44 (0) 1285 762000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of our standard metric and imperial sizes can be made in any of the fluoroplastic materials we offer. We can also add 'fillers' to the raw polymer, such as ceramic or anti-static, to change the mechanical characteristics, in addition to pigments.
Click on the following to get more information: