Custom flanged FEP assembly for UVC Sterilisation
We were approached by a client looking to create a bespoke assembly for use with UVC.
Application - Water Sterlisation
The material criteria
- needs to be inert to UVC.
- have a good transmission rate, so the lamps output is not dramatically reduced.
- ability to be reformed to apply a flange at one end and various bends along the length.
- flange diameter required - 15mm nominal.
- metric off the shelf size tubing, as small batch quantities required in the first instance.
- FEP tube 4mm ID x 5mm OD is available from stock.
- FEP is inert to UVC - it doesn't become brittle or discoloured over time, unlike other general purpose plastics.
- Approximately 15% of the lamp output is lost when using a 0.25mm thick FEP tube or FEP heat shrink sleeving.
- Flanging tools were developed in house by our R&D team, to create a 15mm diameter flange which is on the top end of what's usually achievable on a tube of this size.
- 3 different angled bends were formed along the length of the tube, which enabled the assembly to be orientated within the equipment.
Do you have a bespoke application? We have numerous processing methods so most design challenges can be achieved and our R&D team are on hand to discuss your projects.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1285 762000